Gubernatorial Candidate Forum
Time & Location
About the Event
Here are some things it will be good to know and do before the Monday Gubernatorial Candidate Forum. (We'll also send out a briefer version of this on Salsa, but you might also want to be sure to share whatever you think your members need to know.)
1. The name of the place has changed. It is no longer the Country Springs. It is now the INGLESIDE HOTEL. It is still the same address -- 2810 Golf Road, Pewaukee, WI. And, nothing else about the venue changes.
2. In order to avoid creating lines when people arrive, I am attaching a Sign-in sheet to this message. If those who are coming on a bus or ae carpooling could fill out a sign-in sheet before you get there, we can just give you a booklet and usher you in to the hall. (Even if it is just 2 or 3 of you in a car, it will be easier if you do your signing in before you arrive, then just hand the sheet to an usher.
3. When you arrive at the Ingleside, go to the huge parking lot on the east side of the hotel (the far side as you drive in). Enter directly through the door facing that big parking lot.
4. The handicap-accessible entrance is on the south side of the building -- right by the handicap parking spaces.
5. There is a restaurant and a pub that will be open, if you get there a little early and want to grab a sandwich or something. There are also vending machines.
6. Great news! The Forum will be streamed live on Wisconsin Eye (which is sort of like CSPAN for Wisconsin). If people cannot attend, please invite them to go to wiseye.org/live. It will be a pretty high quality video and audio. (Wisconsin Eye will also be live streaming it on their Facebook page.) Another great ting about Wisconsin Eye is that it will be archived, so people can go back to see it later.
7. We re encouraging people to bring organizational banners, etc. But, be forewarned that you cannot attach anything to the walls. So, it has to be able to stand on its own or lean, or be held... You can also have hand-held signs if you want, and/or encourage people to wear t-shirts from your organization, or whatever.
8. At the entrance, there will be some space with tables. On the one side, we want candidates to be able to set up shop. On the other side, co-sponsors can have some space. If you have campaign-type materials (e.g. about End Child Poverty, or #CLOSEmsdf, or Job Lines, or whatever) there should be some space for that.